I am grateful for...

For inspirational poems or quotes. Please include the name of the author.

I am grateful for...

Postby Blossom » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:03 am

Last edited by Blossom on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blossom x

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Blossom
Mentor

Re: I am grateful for...

Postby cmarie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:04 am

Thank you Blossom.
I am grateful that I was able to finally get on my son's facebook page. I needed to see what his friends were saying. Why is it important to know others love him, miss him and are in pain?

I will now look in my day for things to be grateful for. For that I am grateful
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby Nik's mum » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:27 pm

I am so grateful that I was lucky enough to have had Nik as my son and the fact that he was in my life for 30 years. I am grateful that I watched him grow from a beautiful child into a really handsome young man. I am grateful that the person he was was caring kind and loving.
It's easy to remember him I do it every day
But there's a pain within my heart that will never go away

http://nik-wilson.gonetoosoon.org/

love and miss you more each passing day
Nik's mum
Active

Postby crisa » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:56 pm

I am grateful for Blossom starting this thread! Blossom you are awesome and you are stronger than you know and so giving to start threads to help ppl focus on positives through a very negative experience in their life!
I'm grateful for all of you sharing what you are grateful for! Grateful that through our pain we can all come together!
I am grateful that I have such a wonderful support system through any and everything that I go through!
I am grateful that I found love again! This time being the love I have always wanted and worked to have!
I am grateful that my bf's children and I are getting closer and that his grandbabies absolutely adore me!
I am grateful that my daughter started another semester of college, that she found a better job, that she realizes what has to be done in order to try to save her brother and that she insisted on buying me lunch today! :D
I am grateful that my autisitic child is getting a speech computer and that he's doing so well.
I am grateful to my ex-in laws for being so good to me and to my kids!
I am grateful that mine and my bf's 15 yr olds both made honor roll again and that's two college degrees we might not have to pay for, therefore I'm grateful that we'll be able to splurge on underware and socks w/o feeling guilty in the future! :lol:
I am grateful that my bf is backing me going back to college 100%. I'm grateful that he backs me up on everything!
Thanks Blossom I really needed this thread today! I'm probably gonna re-read all of your posts 1000 times!
Crystal
crisa
Active

Postby samwong » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:52 pm

I am grateful to my mum taking care of the family.
I am grateful to my mum for having 3 of her kids in her womb for nearly 3 years.
I am grateful to my dad, sisters.
I am grateful to the people here giving me encouragement and walk with me in my journey.
i am grateful to my friends.

Lastly i am grateful to God.
I LOVE MY MUM! SEE YOU IN HEAVEN WHEN MY TIME HAS COME.
GOD, Please show your loves to all.
samwong
Active

Postby Tootle » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:23 am

Took me a while to find this thread..

I am grateful that I have my man
I am grateful that my mom moved closer to me
I am grateful that I can talk about my brother with my mom anytime and we support each other
I am grateful that my father never had to bear witness to this
I am grateful to my family and friends who have stuck with me through this

I am very grateful for this forum and everyone on here, I appreciate every single reply I've ever received and I appreciate every post that is written. Together we travel this path alone, and it's not so lonely together.
In memory of my big brother Rob, my hero and best friend.

To forget time. To forgive life. To be at peace.
Tootle
Active

Postby Crystl » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:11 am

are you ok blossom??
Crystl
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:11 am

Grand Crystl....happy birthday to your dear boy - here is a little candle with an eternal flame - !
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby Peaches406 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:33 am

I am grateful for the time I had with my brother
For my husband, of barely a year, who has been both my rock and my whipping boy(the angry days)
For my brother's friends who live with us and have walked with me on this journey
For this website, without it...I don't even know where I'd be
For getting my job(I love) back after his death
For my friends who don't judge or try to "understand" my grief...they are just There For Me
I am grateful to be alive, to be able to enjoy what's given to me by the universe
I am grateful for those, who in the midst of their own nightmare, take a break to respond to mine
I am grateful for people like Blossom who start threads like this
I am grateful that, so far, today feels like it's gonna be a good day
*hugs* and good thoughts for all today...Peaches
Trent Daniel Jones 2/14/90 to 3/31/11 ~ My heart, my love, my life....
Peaches406
Regular

Postby Blossom » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:37 am

It's amazing, the feeling one has when one contemplates exactly what one is grateful for. And it is amazing to read...

I am grateful that, at last, I am on some kind of road to healing (ok, it's a dirt road, full of potholes - it's a road at least). I've finally found the right time, activities and energy, to put things in place that address the physical effects of very early grief, and it is paying dividends...and has inspired me to keep building on them. Fatigue is no longer a constant state (everything falls to pieces when tired)...but when it visits, I know to rest. cali's advice of 'loving yourself back into your body' is a simple, beautiful, truth.

I can't say that this forum has 'accelerated' my grieving, but through everyone here, it has delivered what I was ripe for, without fail, each day. For this I am grateful. Take a cyber bow, all of you. (I do, however, miss scottsmum and shari's sister, Donna...and a few more folk I won't begin listing...I hope they are all ok).

I am grateful that our small family has always apologised when it was right and needed. The slate was clean when we laid our heads to rest each night before my son died....and when he died, it missed a beat, but only one....it goes on.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Return to Inspiration