may seem silly but...

A discussion of any suicide issue or grief topic that don't fit elsewhere.

Re: may seem silly but...

Postby booboolewis » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:32 am

Sam,

I think that it would be a great idea...they are really true companions, with their ability to make you laugh, or at least smile, at something they are doing, and with their unconditional love...

Maybe you can get a smaller or middle-aged dog for your father so that he can better handle the dog....I know that having a dog like that helped my grandmother so much after she lost my grandfather....they spent every minute together....a real companion for my grandmother, who was house-bound...

((hugs))
booboolewis
Active

Postby crisa » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Not silly at all booboo!
Mine and the bf who suicided had a cat together, he was 1 when my bf suicided. He would not let anyone touch him for 2 months after my bf suicided and then he'd run away often till he finally left for good. It broke my heart and still to this day I wish he'd come home. My daughter also has a cat and he and my bf used to hang out while my bf b-b-q'd. The cat would sit on the chair next to my bf. For months the cat would go sit in that chair right around the time my bf was suppose to get in from work and eventually started sitting in my bf's chair.
Ppl have tried to talk me into getting another animal and I'm like, "No way, I don't want to get something that I know I'm gonna get attached to, only to have it leave or die."
However, my new bf has dogs and one is just the sweetest thing. She's a big dog and she always wants my attention! Another one of his dogs follows me everywhere. He was talking about getting rid of the big dog b/c she jumps the fence and I said, "Please don't get rid of her! We can find something that will make her stop jumping the fence, I'll pay for it. Please don't take her away from me. I''d take her but my house is in the middle of a remodel."
So, so much for not letting myself get attached to another animal, epic fail! :lol:
One of bf's friends said, "If you ever get tired of your bf, and your at his house, you can throw rocks to my house, I live so close." I said, "Even if I get tired of him, I'm not ever leaving, because I'll never leave the kids, grandbabies or the animals!" Haha! No, really I mean it! :?
Crystal
crisa
Active

Postby Suzanne » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi Booboo,
I hope your pup is feeling better today. I don't know what I would have done without the companionship of my dog. He will drag me half way across Prospect Park (which is hundreds of acres) just so he can scarf down a forbidden chicken bone or a rib left on the grass by a careless picnicker or a squirrel that had been digging in the trash. And he is sneaky and fast about it. So I understand the gastric distress of your pup.
Dogs are good companions, but they require some work!
Wife of Dave 10/17/47-11/1/06
Read our story
http://books.google.com/books?id=4zThE8 ... A7o6s-fPpU
Suzanne
Active

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous