Memory problems

Especially for parents whose sons or daughters died by suicide.

Re: Memory problems

Postby Bereaved1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:23 pm

I totally agree. Jean Paul Sartre wrote a whole play NO EXIT about "hell is other people". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Exit I'm working on ways to get over their formerly destructive digs etc., quickly and not let them get to me too deeply. So far, it's all about setting my own completely acceptable boundaries in my own mind and visualizing them. It's helping me interact from a position of strength with myself as well as others.
"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
Bereaved1
Supporting

Postby jimsmom » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:26 am

Crystl,

I understand and I'm with you in that black pit.

{{Hugs back to you}}
jimsmom
Regular

Postby cali » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:54 am

So on top of everything, I've known that I've been ill for a while and got told a couple of months ago that I could not hold off treatment. The hopefully synchronistic event was that I was a candidate for a new drug trial. Such a thing would make me shudder in the hypothetical realm, but as the standard of care is long, debilitating, and known to precipitate depression and suicide, I went for it. Have a daily pill dosing box marked for the days of the week. an alarm on my phone at exactly the times of day to take it. With all this in place I still missed a dose (just moved the box and didn't actually take the pills, got distracted) and can't even remember sometimes how many of the darn things I have swallowed, or not. :( Is this my life? Really?
cali
Supporting

Postby psyquestor » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:42 am

((((((Cali))))))) I've done the same thing. When the Doctor had me on three scripts, I had to take them at different times of the day. One was three times daily. I had the hardest time remembering if I had taken it, or not. I got a pill box but had the same issue you are describing. Once I got used to it, it was second nature taking them at the right time of day.

It will get better.

Thinking of you.
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Postby Bereaved1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:23 am

Cali, this seems to me to be a good opportunity to help the research by being very mindful of how you are feeling at any dosage and communicating clearly. I'm currently reading THE SHADOW EFFECT that reminded me that to really know how we feel inside at any given time takes alertness, willingness, openness, honesty and courage. I think you are the perfect person at the perfect time. Thank you. (((hugs)))
"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
Bereaved1
Supporting

Postby jimsmom » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:47 pm

If anyone would like to view Jim's memorial that I created this weekend, please do. I'm not finished yet, but at least it kept me busy on Friday night.

I miss him so much.

http://james-norman.virtual-memorials.c ... &page_no=1
jimsmom
Regular

Previous

Return to Fathers and Mothers