Why do people view and not comment

A discussion of any suicide issue or grief topic that don't fit elsewhere.

Why do people view and not comment

Postby 01012011 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Just want to know from all that views-why don't you comment?
Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy. Sister of Christopher Arthur
Regular

Re: Why do people view and not comment

Postby sulene » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:44 pm

sometimes, often, these peoples stories touches me so deep, that i have no words...but i do hold u in my heart, and i am holding your hand. hugs!!!
sulene

Postby Crystl » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:21 am

sometimes I am in such a state myself I cannot find the right words to say
I care but my mind is blank
sometimes I just post a *hug*
Crystl
Supporting

Postby psyquestor » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:28 am

I find myself posting the most to other parents, as I feel most connected with that group. I do read other posts, but I don't usually reply. I know what it's like to lose a child, so this is what I post about. I also know what it feels like to lose a brother and father, but my losses were different. It isn't often that I can reflect on those issues others are facing.

There are some who will never post. Will never feel the urge to reach out to someone else. Some are locked in their own grief and some just don't know what to say. I wonder if you know that every time someone searches on Google (for example) and finds a post, it is counted. The people searching may not have been looking for this topic at all.

I hope this helps.
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Postby Karyl » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:18 am

Dear 10 ...

I doubt anyone comments on every single post they read.

My guess is that the majority of people who read here don't post at all, and the majority who do post only reply to a few of the messages. This is the nature of a message board, and it's fine.

There are many reasons people don't reply, but that's okay. Each person does the best s/he can.
Karyl
Site Admin

Postby kansley » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:01 pm

I think that everyone is diffrent and everyone is here for their own reason. I lost a son three years ago, so I am much more apt to reply to fathers and mothers,...especially if they are new to the site. I also respond to some of the siblings because I have seen the struggle my surviving children have gone thru...and on rare occassion I reply to a spouse because my son was married and I know the struggle his precious wife and little girl go thru, too. But mostly, I think that just like in life, some of us are talkers and some of us are more comfortable listening. I am a talker but I have a daughter-in-law who is a listener(she is very quite by nature). She enjoys everyone's chatter but rarely "chimes in". And I think it is that way here, too. And sometimes I think people come here just to know that they are not alone in their pain, not "crazy" for what they are thinking and feeling, and reading everyone's posts,,makes them feel like they can keep going for another day....and that is what we all hope and pray for...that we might be able to help someone get thru a tough day or a difficult night just by knowing that someone cares, someone will listen or someone understands. It is what makes this a very special place for those of us who are on this journey....
kansley
Regular

Return to Miscellaneous