R.I.P. UNCLE SCOTT

Help teenagers who may have lost friends or famil members to suicide, in the hopes that they can find a safe place to discuss and share with each other.

R.I.P. UNCLE SCOTT

Postby LongGoneandForgotten » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:08 pm

its been almost 2 years since i lost him and i cant seem to shake it...i want closure but cant seem to find it. i wouldnt say it was necessarily suicide per say but he was taking medicine that wasnt his and i feel horrible because i was sitting next to him while he was popping the pills and i didnt stop him; i had no idea. it'll be 2 years on July 5th and i think about him everyday....the medical examiner ruled it to be an accidental overdose and i knew my uncle was in pain but for some reason, i cant stop blaming myself for what happened to him. i was the one who found him and i cant get the image out of my head...i have horrible flashbacks about the whole thing and now i cant even watch my favorite hockey team on TV anymore because they were also his fave hockey team.
i just cant shake the feeling that its my fault he's dead and im afraid its a feeling i will live with for the rest of my life.
Peace, Love & WhiskeyHands,
Jessica "Turtle"
LongGoneandForgotten
Visitor

Re: R.I.P. UNCLE SCOTT

Postby ARDsMother » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi, Longandforgotten, I'm reading your post that's been over two weeks,
and I'm wondering how you're doing now? I'm sure it's going to take a
long time for the flashbacks to ease up... I'm sorry for the guilt you feel.

I feel guilt too for my daughter's passing. It's been 18 months, and it's
just something very hard we have to find a way to live through and with.

Would you like to tell us more about your Uncle Scott? (That's my
son's name too!).

I look forward to hearing back from you.

xo
♥ I miss you, Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sweetheart, every moment of every day... rest in peaceful slumber ღஜღ
http://www.gratefulness.org "pos" group for Parents of Suicide candles
ARDsMother
Regular

Re: R.I.P. UNCLE SCOTT

Postby tamh1234 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:52 am

I would like to suggest that you talk to a counselor or find a Suicide Survivors group. It is normal to feel guilty but it will really help you find closure if you could talk to others who are grieving the lost of someone to suicide. I felt guilty when my brother committed suicide. I did all the "What If" and "Why did I" that everyone does. But, it was pointed out to me, that if any of us had known what our loved one was going to do we would have moved heaven and earth to keep it from happening. You didn't know what was going to happen but if you had, you would have stopped it. I hope that you can join a group or find a counselor to talk to. Please try not to be so hard on yourself.
I love you, little brother, and miss you more than words could ever say.
Kenny 9/10/61 - 08/24/10
Theresa
tamh1234
Regular

Return to Teenagers Remembering