* SURVEY for Everyone Who Reads & Posts *

Tell us who you are and what brought you here

* SURVEY for Everyone Who Reads & Posts *

Postby Karyl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:50 pm

Dear Friends,

Will you reply to the survey below, in hopes of giving us good feedback about how the Suicide Grief Support Forum has helped you? If so, thanks.

Our mission is to provide information, support and comfort to anyone whose life has been touched by the suicide of another person. Connecting with others who have walked the same road can sometimes make a difference in how we survive a tragedy that may be incomprehensible.

SURVEY

1. About how long have you been reading and/or posting here?

2. What do you like best about the Suicide Grief Support Forum?

3. Which sections do you believe are the most helpful to you?

4. Have you had any problems here with anyone who posts? If so, explain.

5. Have any of the moderators been helpful to you? If so, explain.

6. What do you think is missing from the forum? What do you think it needs that it does not have at this time?

7. If there are any moderators or other posters who have been especially helpful to you, who are they?

8. Anything else you want to add to help us help you more effectively:

Karyl
Site Admin

Re: * SURVEY for Everyone Who Reads & Posts *

Postby Nik's mum » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:13 am

1. Probably about 18 m onths
2. The fact that we are not alone - that we understand how each other feels and that we can give and receive support to each other in a safe environment
3. Mothers and Fathers
4 No
5 Yes they do a great job and are very helpful and supportive
6. It would be nice to have a chatroom where we could speak to each other in real time
7 CMarie Blossom Crystl to name but a few but everyone on here is great
9 No don't think so the site is very well set up and easy to use
It's easy to remember him I do it every day
But there's a pain within my heart that will never go away

http://nik-wilson.gonetoosoon.org/

love and miss you more each passing day
Nik's mum
Active

Postby sulene » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:52 am

Nik's mum wrote:1. Probably about 18 m onths
2. The fact that we are not alone - that we understand how each other feels and that we can give and receive support to each other in a safe environment
3. Mothers and Fathers
4 No
5 Yes they do a great job and are very helpful and supportive
6. It would be nice to have a chatroom where we could speak to each other in real time
7 CMarie Blossom Crystl to name but a few but everyone on here is great
9 No don't think so the site is very well set up and easy to use

by sharing the pain..is it really making it easier??
sulene

Postby MotherofGabriel » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:14 am

Hi,
I hope this goes through as I keep having issues with staying logged on since August.
1. since May 2011
2. that what I feel and experience can usually be found in some other post
3. Mothers and Fathers, Siblings
4. No
5. Yes, in being compassionate and understanding
6. a way to access IT for assistance with issues related to disconnects, especially a posting and/or message that doesn't go through
7. quite a few, but none in particular
8. until I had issues with logging in, all was working fine -- perhaps, your webmaster can repair
Until I see you in Heaven, my beautiful boy. I will always love you, Mom.
MotherofGabriel
Regular

Postby Grant » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:32 am

1. About how long have you been reading and/or posting here?

Since December 2010

2. What do you like best about the Suicide Grief Support Forum?

That everyone is so honest, and heartfelt about what they have gone through, even though it is so painful. The way that everyone feels able to share - it is what provides the comfort we seek and the confidence to open up ourselves.

3. Which sections do you believe are the most helpful to you?

Each has their role. It's a good set. The "getting started" was vital because it is so important to read the posts of someone who is at the same stage as you in the awful journey. Those initial days / weeks after losing our loved one are the worst days of our entire lives. We don't need "comfort" during them - we need to know we are not alone, and (tragically) when we read other people's posts we know that they are feeling exactly what we are feeling at the same time we are feeling it. It shows us that we are not alone in our misery... and allows us to identify very strongly with them and what they are writing. The fact that it is in "real time" (not just old posts) somehow makes it more powerful.

4. Have you had any problems here with anyone who posts? If so, explain.

No. You do a very good job of keeping spam away and deleting any that gets through.

5. Have any of the moderators been helpful to you? If so, explain.

It's nice to feel that every single post will get a reponse - and the moderators will sometimes be that response, providing comfort, understanding and support.

6. What do you think is missing from the forum? What do you think it needs that it does not have at this time?

Nothing significant is missing.

7. If there are any moderators or other posters who have been especially helpful to you, who are they?

All seem very good. Chelsea and Bella were the two posters whose sharing helped me to join and to open up. But there are many others and everyone adds something unique. In the end, every single post helps a little...!

8. Anything else you want to add to help us help you more effectively

Give yourselves a big pat on the back - this is a fantastic and hugely important forum, filled with wonderful people. It forms a massive part of (what I hope will be) my healing, and I suspect it does for countless others as well. I will be forever grateful for its existence and for the openness and understanding of everyone who has posted.
Grant
Regular

Postby Tootle » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:42 am

1. About how long have you been reading and/or posting here? Since November 17, 2010
2. What do you like best about the Suicide Grief Support Forum? That I can find others who I can identify with, that I can come to a place where I am understood and I can understand what others are going through and how they're coping, that I can come here and write anonymously,
3. Which sections do you believe are the most helpful to you? Siblings and coping, I read them all.
4. Have you had any problems here with anyone who posts? If so, explain. Never
5. Have any of the moderators been helpful to you? If so, explain. Yes, all the moderators, in helping me to understand that I'm not alone in this journey.
6. What do you think is missing from the forum? What do you think it needs that it does not have at this time?Generally I think this forum is wonderful, although I am missing scottsmom who would often respond to almost every post in such a caring way. It would be nice to have a memorial section where we can have a small photo album of our loved one/s.
7. If there are any moderators or other posters who have been especially helpful to you, who are they? Scottsmom, booboolewis,blossom,samwong,ardsmother,cmarie,tamh1234, pixy71, 01012011 and many others
8. Anything else you want to add to help us help you more effectively:it would be nice to be able to add a picture, but I still can't seem to get it small enough that the forum will accept it.
In memory of my big brother Rob, my hero and best friend.

To forget time. To forgive life. To be at peace.
Tootle
Active

Postby Dragonfly » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:02 am

1. About how long have you been reading and/or posting here? From the old forum to the new forum, about 2 years.
2. What do you like best about the Suicide Grief Support Forum? When I had no one to turn to, I found this forum to be extremely helpful as we really all do understand what it is like to lose a loved one to suicide.
3. Which sections do you believe are the most helpful to you? Venting, Coping, Left Alone
4. Have you had any problems here with anyone who posts? If so, explain. No
5. Have any of the moderators been helpful to you? If so, explain. Crisa
6. What do you think is missing from the forum? What do you think it needs that it does not have at this time? Nothing I can think of.
7. If there are any moderators or other posters who have been especially helpful to you, who are they? Crisa again and again and again! :D Also, Scottsmom
8. Anything else you want to add to help us help you more effectively: No
Dragonfly
Regular

Postby Faith » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:15 pm

1. About ten months.
2. It helps me to know there are others who understand what has happened in my life, and can relate to the pain in my heart. They will never tell me, "to get over it."
3. I get something from all of them.
4. No, never.
5. Yes, they are all so understanding and supportive.
6. I think it is great the way it is.
7. There are so many, but to name a few that come to mind, Crisa, Crystl, Blossom, bella and Marie.
8. Nothing that I can think of.
Faith
Active

Postby tamh1234 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:31 pm

1. About nine months
2. It has been a life line for me. I don't have a suicide support group here so this is the only way I am able to connect with others who have been where I am and really understand. Suicide grief is so much more complicated than other grief.
3. Several of them, but especially Sibling since that is my type of loss. Other sections have been great too.
4. No problems, everyone has been nonjudmental and supportive.
5. Yes, especially when I first posted. I felt immediately welcomed and supported.
6. A chatroom because sometimes there are people who really need someone to talk to them right away rather than waiting for responses.
7. So many I can't remember all of there names
8. Nothing, just that thank you so much for creating this forum and giving us a place where we can reach out to others.
I love you, little brother, and miss you more than words could ever say.
Kenny 9/10/61 - 08/24/10
Theresa
tamh1234
Regular

Postby 01012011 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:02 pm

1. 8 months that I wouldn't have survived without the forum

2. Knowing what I am going through is normal-that everyone has experienced what I am feeling

3. Coping, venting.

4. No

5. Yes- each person reaches out in their own way-each helps differently

6. Sometimes I feel I miss some of the posts because there are so many different posting subjects. Wish there were a few less

7. All of you-in your own way

I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have the forum. I have made so many friends that I have never met, but I feel as if I have known them forever. Thank you
Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy. Sister of Christopher Arthur
Regular

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself