My Big Brothers Birthday

If the person you remember was born or died during the present month, we invite you to place a name here so that others will be able to read the names and remember them with you. Also include the birth and death date, your name, your relationship to them, and a few words telling us about this person.

My Big Brothers Birthday

Postby pixy71 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:06 am

Jerry Brownlee 3/2/1964 - 5/12/11 My name is Jennifer. Jerry was my only Brother. He left us much to soon. He was Funny, loving, and an all around sweet guy. I miss him everyday.
pixy71

Re: My Big Brothers Birthday

Postby briansfolks » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:52 am

Jennipher, sorry for your loss. A brother is an anchor in our lives. I lost my only brother ( he was 25) to suicide when I was 14, that was almost 39 years ago. I grew up with sisters and still have them today, but it's not the same as a male sibling. I would not be visiting this forum but we lost our son 9 weeks ago to suicide. He was 28.
My advice to you is to live your life as best you can, as if he is with you at all times, honor him as best you can. I always told myself that he left this world a little bit earlier than planned, and that makes his memory special. It's tough, ok, ok it's HELL , mourn all you need to, but go on in life because you have to. Did your brother expect to make his death your burden or was it to lighten his? Peace
briansfolks
Regular

Postby crisa » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:35 am

Jennifer- I hope you were able to get through your brother's birthday as peacefully as possible!
Crystal
crisa
Active

Postby tmsharpe » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Very sorry Jennifer. Birthdays r so tough *hugs* Tina
tmsharpe

Postby pixy71 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Thank you everyone. My family and I went to the cemetery on his birthday with 48 balloons. We each wrote a message on a balloon and sent them to heaven for him. I was able to make it through the day only breaking down twice. It sounds crazy but I believe he was with me and helped me through. I know the one year will be so hard. It's coming up in May. I'm just thankful for this site and going to therapy. I'm glad I can come here to write about him and share with you all.
pixy71

Return to * This Month *