Where's everyone from?

A place to discuss just about anything, to get off-topic. The only restrictions are that discussions and sharing be suitable for a G-rated audience, and that the messages follow the rules of general courtesy and respect for others.

Re: Where's everyone from?

Postby Tam » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:48 am

Hi everyone,

I'm Tam..I'm 31. I live on the south coast of NSW, Australia. I'm married and have two gorgeous kids..a 4yr old girl and 1yr old boy. I lost my mum in April 2008..it was a complete shock to all of us. She was a wonderful person..a brilliant mother..and I am grateful that I at least had 28 years with her.. I still wish i could share with her all of my news and chat to her about kid stuff... Nobody loves your kids like your mum =(
Tam

Postby JAR » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:33 am

My name is Julie& my husband of 25 years hung himself on Oct 13, 2010. I have 2 children son 22 yrs and daughter20. I live in Wisconsin. My husband fought depression for almost his whole life. I m 52.
JAR
Visitor

Postby RoseAnn » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:45 am

Heya everyone,
Im 22, from Cork, Ireland. I lost my older sister Catherine two years ago to suicide. I have a younger brother 17 and younger sister 13. Cheeky brats but love them to bits, and of course my parents who have done the best they can to be there for me and my siblings.
When I was five I was in a car crash and lost my left arm( I have a little stump left). If anyone knows a good arm joke do tell me :) (why did the one armed girl cross the road...to get to the second hand shop :D ya dad your a real comedian) A year ago I got a large tribal eye tattoo on my stump and up onto my shoulder. I tend to wave it at people who stare too much :)
I live with my friend (who is like a sister to me) and between us we have two dogs, four cats, two ferrets and she has seven lisards. (yes we are insane but dont worry we aren't hoarders, we both have the space and funds to look after our pets/kids). The pets have been a great source of comfort to me since Catherine's death. Oh jeeze at this very moment one of the cats has jumped onto the top of the door and is perced there smirking at his achievement.
RoseAnn

Postby cmarie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Oh RoseAnn you are a delight. Thanks for making me laugh again- through the tears. I will now be on the look out for arm jokes.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby medebs » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:45 pm

I have a good arm joke-I can't remember the comedian's name but she went to the VA hospital to give a standup and a soldier who had lost and arm and a leg told her"I gave an arm and a leg for your ticket" She laughed as we all did.
medebs
Regular

Postby RoseAnn » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Cmarie- anyway I can help I'm glad to do so and medebs- I am so using that phrase about it costing an arm and a leg :)
RoseAnn

Postby StillCrying » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:05 am

Hi, I only found this site weeks ago and wish I would have found it years ago. I live in Pennsylvania, I am 35, have 3 kids, 15, 5, and 2, all girls. My dad shot himself on October 21,2002. I miss him a ton and wish he would see how my life turned out. I went through being a single mom to finding a man a year to the date of my dad's death, who loves me more than anything. My dad was never diagnosed with anything, which is hard to not be able to put a "label" on him and being a nurse, I am all about diagnoses! My wedding day was the hardest, no one to walk me down the aisle, no father daughter dance, I still feel robbed. I miss him a ton and have had a lot of heartache. I never had a clue this would happen and I have found this website to be so helpful. I can't talk to anyone about my feelings, cuz no one understands, but here, it's like I have written all the posts! It is so nice to know that I am not alone and that unfortunately, others have walked and will continue to walk in my shoes. I really want to do something to help others in my area, but don't know quite where to start. There is really no support around here for this.
LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH
StillCrying

Postby cali » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:43 am

Hi StillCrying,

Have you looked at the SOS website? I think they offer training to start a group. Also there is another group called HeartBeat for suicide survivorsr. They also have a website and information about starting a local chapter.
best to you in your healing,
cali
cali
Supporting

Postby ScottsMom » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:12 am

You already have the necessary desire to start a group. I recently began groups along with another mom. We found help and support as well as training through our local mental health board. You might contact agencies in your area for some help getting groups underway and having guidance as well as a powerful way to get the word out that your group is available. I hope you can pursue this as it is a vital resource in so many communities.

V--
ScottsMom
Mentor

Postby StillCrying » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 pm

thank you Cali and Valerie---I really want to do something, but I am afraid that I am not 100% healed so am I gonna be able to help others? You know what I mean? I struggle some days just to get out of bed and other days, well they can go so fast that if I don't think about the loss of my dad then I feel half guilty. Does that make sense?
LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH
StillCrying

PreviousNext

Return to The Corner Cafe