~ Details About Fall Retreat (Retreat #24) ~

Comments and information from our moderators.

~ Details About Fall Retreat (Retreat #24) ~

Postby Karyl » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:47 am

Dear Friends,

If you are interested in Retreat #24, read the details below.
Then, if you would like to register for the retreat, let me know so that I can e-mail the registration form to you as a Word document. (I can also copy and paste the registration form to an e-mail, if necessary, but email versions are harder to read.)

POS – FFOS Fall Retreat: Retreat #24

~ Goal:
The Fall Retreat (aka Retreat 24) is a traditional grief retreat. It's a week-end away from the rest of the world, set aside to meet and talk with other people who have also lost a son or daughter or other family member or friend who died by suicide. The activities are planned to offer a variety of experiences to help.

~ When:
Friday, October 21 at 9:00 a.m. - Sunday, October 23rd.
(We usually meet Thursday evening, before the retreat begins, at Cracker Barrel for dinner.)

~ Where:
1107 Rip Steele Rd., Columbia, Tennessee

~ Who is invited?
The retreat is for anyone whose life has been affected by the suicide of another person. The majority of attendees are usually members from the POS and FFOS groups, but others are welcome, too.

~ Transportation:
By air: Nashville airport, BNA
By land: Take exit 46 off of I-65.

~ Lodging:

- Butterfly Dorm:
Ladies are invited to stay in the Butterfly Dorm. (No charge; you will be our guests.) It is not the Hilton, but it's comfortable, and the others staying in the dorm are some of the sweetest ladies in the world. (Oddly, the Butterfly Dorm is also called The Snoratorium.)

- Hotels at Exit 46 off of I-65.
Super 8, Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn

~ Meals:

Everyone who attends pays $60 for 4 meals, which will be catered, whether you eat or not.
Registration is not complete until catering money has been received.

~ What happens:

Friday: Orientation, Memorial Display Sharing (aka Show and Tell), get acquainted and relax activities

Saturday: Two sharing circle sessions, Peace Fire

Any time: Looking at the International Suicide Memorial Wall, visiting with others in individually or in groups, laughing, crying, hugging, looking at memorial displays, eating, and more.

TO REGISTER

Send an e-mail to me ( arlynsmom@bellsouth.net) asking for the Retreat 24 registration form. Then, follow directions on it.

Love and peace,
Karyl, mother of Arlyn
Columbia, Tennessee
Karyl
Site Admin

Return to WELCOME - Announcements