Robin Williams RIP

A discussion of any suicide issue or grief topic that don't fit elsewhere.

Robin Williams RIP

Postby Moun10dew » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Just wondering how this is impacting everyone..or is it? I was talking to my friend who lost her husband to suicide just over 2 years ago (I lost my girlfriend just about a year and a half ago) and it hit her pretty hard. She said she's talked to a number of people that this has been a trigger for their thoughts and emotions. I know last night it hit me kind of hard....today I'm still a bit in shock..and feel a tear or two.

Hugs to all of you.
Moun10dew
Regular

Re: Robin Williams RIP

Postby Tootle » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:07 am

I was deeply saddened when I first heard, my hope now is that his death will bring more awareness about depression and suicide. It hurts to read the criticizing about selfishness and taking the easy way out, as we all know that's what it's not about. I grew up with Robin Williams in my life, I was a huge fan as was many others...his death is tragic, but for me not more tragic than loosing my own brother. His death drags me back to my own sadness and I am finding that I have to make a conscious effort to not get sucked back down to the depths of despair, it's another reminder of how much pain our loved ones endured before they died. RIP Robin <3
In memory of my big brother Rob, my hero and best friend.

To forget time. To forgive life. To be at peace.
Tootle
Active

Return to Miscellaneous