My Beautiful Cat Passed Away

A discussion of any suicide issue or grief topic that don't fit elsewhere.

My Beautiful Cat Passed Away

Postby Dragonfly » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:14 am

I am just so utterly heartbroken, my beautiful cat daughter passed away on Tuesday, which was such a shock. The vet originally thought it was a foreign body, something she had swallowed in her stomach, but it turned out, while he was doing to the surgery to investigate, he found a very aggressive form of cancer that had already spread to her esophagus and he asked if he could put her to sleep. She was 13 years old and just my adorable, darling, always with me, greeting me when I came home, snuggling up to me whenever I got into bed. Her love was so unconditional and she was there for me when I lost W to suicide and then 2 years later, when my mom died due to natural causes. She opened my heart to cats and animals. I am so devastated and can't believe she is gone.

I love you my darling gorgeous beautiful Cleo, you truly came straight from Heaven and you will always remain my cat daughter.

Sending you light, love, happiness and peace, my big girl.
Dragonfly
Regular

Re: My Beautiful Cat Passed Away

Postby Berna » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:31 am

Are you serious? Your pet (animal??) died? Please tell me your kidding....
Berna

Postby Berna » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:31 am

Are you serious? Your pet (animal??) died? Please tell me your kidding....
Berna

Postby Suzanne » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:46 am

Dragonfly,

I am so sorry you lost your cat. Losing a pet is traumatic. For many of us our pets provide great solace after the suicide of our loved ones and a living memory to happier times.

Suzanne
Wife of Dave 10/17/47-11/1/06
Read our story
http://books.google.com/books?id=4zThE8 ... A7o6s-fPpU
Suzanne
Active

Postby JenCal848 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:09 pm

I thought POS-FFOS IS A GRIEF GROUP FOR HUMANS and SUICIDE. Confused why you would post your ANIMALS DEATH ( NOT SUICIDE) on a Parents Of Suicide-Friends and Family of Suicide forum???? :roll:
JenCal848
Visitor

Postby cmarie » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:20 am

Dragonfly, I was so pleased to see your name again. I am so sorry you have lost Cleo. Sometimes I think the unconditional love of my dog is what kept me together after my son died.
Take care.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby Dragonfly » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:07 am

Suzanne and CMarie - Thank you so much for your kindness and thoughtful messages. At least, you guys see the deeper meaning in it just being an animal. This beautiful girl was there when I lost my SO as well as my mom, so quite rightly so, she has been an amazing healing influence in my life.

As for the other 2 responses from Jencal and Berna - I put this under miscellaneous (please read what miscellaneous entails: "A discussion of any suicide issue or grief topic that don't fit elsewhere") and have been on this forum for nearly 5 years where there have been quite a few people who have spoken of their beloved pet's passing. I feel sorry that the two of you will never know what it is like to have complete unconditional love and healing from a being that you just regard as an animal. This site has been a wonderfully supportive forum with caring people and this is the first time in 5 years that I have come across such disregard. Oh well.......................
Dragonfly
Regular

Postby Berna » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:39 pm

Dragonfly,
I sincerely apologies for making that comment about your cat, it was severely insensitive. I had no right to say that, I'm very sorry for the loss of your Mother, that pain never goes away. I do understand "miscellaneous",but being in my own pain..I just thought humans? Bad on me, I had a Golden who passed away 2 years ago, and it was extremely painful. After my son died recently, we bought another Golden, he's 6 months old, and like you said, animals are healing. Bless your heart, lesson learned, may God grant me wisdom!
Love and Light,
Berna
Berna

Postby cmarie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:44 pm

Berna, you are just lovely.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby Dragonfly » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi Berna

First and most importantly, I am truly very sorry for the loss of your son.

No hard feelings at all - Lesson learnt on my side too, I think I have forgotten how I was in the beginning of my losses and I shouldn't have jumped down your throat and ..... to conclusions! Here I am thinking you don't know about animal love, but little did I know you are also an animal mommy. So, from me to you, I am sorry, especially for my lack of empathy.

The sad thing is that we are all on here because we have lost someone special in our lives. We are all on a hard, emotionally draining journey and the grief that comes in waves can knock us so intensely and other times, just a ripple, but grief nonetheless.

I am so happy you have a sweet beautiful Golden to snuggle and love you. He must be so adorable! Goldens are one of my favourite, they are super smart, peaceful and just have such lovely natures, you can't help but fall in love with them! Animals really are so healing and give so much love, I always say they come straight from Heaven.

Anytime, you want to chat, you are welcome to PM me.

Lots of ((((hugs))))
Dragonfly
Regular

Return to Miscellaneous