How do I decide?

A discussion of any suicide issue or grief topic that don't fit elsewhere.

How do I decide?

Postby BKB » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Hello, all. I haven't posted here for a very long time, but this is the best place I can think of to get feedback on this matter.

I have talked briefly to a suicidal young man (20 years my junior/ platonic conversation) over the past 2 weeks.

I am pretty convinced he completed suicide a couple of days ago. I do not want to mention his name here due to web search engines, but - if I am correct - he is making CNN news.

While our e-mails would be of little use to the family, I know where (online) his family could find some of his last writings.

What, if anything, do I do with this knowledge?

_B_
For those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don't, none will do....Anonymous
BKB

Re: How do I decide?

Postby Karyl » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:25 pm

BKB,

Wow! I'm so sorry that he took his life. CNN news.

Many close family members would want to read anything the person had written, in hopes of gaining a better understanding of his what he was thinking and feeling at the end of his life. The information you have could help them put pieces of the puzzle together.

If anyone had writings by Arlyn, I'd have been very grateful if they had given them to me.

Let us know how it goes.
Karyl
Site Admin

Postby psyquestor » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:36 pm

BKB, I would like to echo what Karyl has said. Everything I have from my son is precious to me. Sadly there isn't much. If someone were to send me a link to anything he wrote, it would be like finding a treasure. Truly.

I'm very sorry that you have lost your friend.
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Postby BKB » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:49 pm

I have been here a number of years. I know each of you to be genuine. I will take your counsel into consideration. All I know this moment is that, as a mother, I would seek to share my child's last breath. Thank you for helping in my decision.

Humbled,

BKB
For those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don't, none will do....Anonymous
BKB

Return to Miscellaneous