Book

A place for review and commentary on books about suicide or suicide grief, on movies (or televison shows) or songs which touch upon suicide issues.

Book

Postby cali » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:55 am

"Out of the Nightmare, Recovery from suicidal depression and pain" by David L. Conroy Phd. iuniverse press.

This book is down to earth and packed with useful, helpful information, for people who have survived suicides, who are suicidal, or both. It is written by someone who has been in both scenarios and works actively in NYC for suicide prevention and recovery. It helped me enormously in terms of educating me about suicide and its many facets. It is compassionate but is not pablum or one-sidedly personal. It seemed very densely packed to me when I first found it, but now I find it much easier to read- 2 years+ makes a difference. But it made a difference too, when it was sorely needed even though I could read only a paragraph at a time.
It is available through amazon, the reviews are all 5 star. I wish it had more publicity, but it is self published. Worth every penny, the whole 20 bucks, and about 4 times thicker than most of what's out there. I am grateful to him.
I believe this is a book that has, and will continue to save lives. Please go to amazon and read the reviews. they are more eloquent than this.
cali
Supporting

Re: Book

Postby CAngel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:48 am

Thanks for your book.:)
CAngel
Visitor

Re: Book

Postby cali » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:11 am

You are very welcome. I really hope it will help you and your friend. Thank you for joining the forum. Now there are many people hoping for you both.
cali
Supporting

Return to Books, Movies, and Songs