Today I am LIVING because I...

For inspirational poems or quotes. Please include the name of the author.

Re: Today I am LIVING because I...

Postby cali » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:07 am

xo, xo, xo. !
cali
Supporting

Postby cmarie » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:17 am

No words. But you have my heart.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby Suzanne » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:13 am

Grief is truly a shape shifter.
Suzanne
Wife of Dave 10/17/47-11/1/06
Read our story
http://books.google.com/books?id=4zThE8 ... A7o6s-fPpU
Suzanne
Active

Postby Blossom » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:19 am

Thank you dear friends.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby Blossom » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:16 am

A glass on wine, after hitting my head with my hands, beside myself, every cell aching - I tried everyting, lying down, distractions etc.. Do I not recognise grief by now? Bugger! I'd given up wine...and this is the price/advantage. Release. One hug and I was off. The screaming banshee. No longer responsible for grief....usual stuff, one long long howl after another, dribbling into the sink watching while wailing - equally attentive. Even put my hands on my knees and braced myself against the kitchen cupboards. I had work to do. Birth...is the only thing that comes close.There is complete sense in release. Complete, logical, manoeuvring sense to let what must be, be - it's out of my hands, so.... I wish I was a daily whimper-er, I wish, I wish. I wish I trickled grief....I have an idea that it would be so much more acceptable...I would get so much more 'connection' in my grief (but I do have a few special friends....who know, because they actually KNOW). If I could be a whimper-er, I would be received to easily. But no, spectacular (and disturbing to others) it must be. It's whoosh wham bam, or nothing. The only advantage I can see in this is that I am the outer limit, and anything under that limit activates my compassion. Ergo, I can hold it for another. Always seeking the sunrise, eh?

My husband, of course, is completely rattled. Stoic, controlled grieving, unsettled by me. I love him. If anything, I am sorry to have done this to him. But with the 'clearing', perhaps I can make his road a little less obstacle-d. There are those who, according to their circumstances, will know the comfort of their children, those who know the space of losing an only child, those who have lost a parent, and those who will know the comfort of their partner. I got that a little mixed up, but you now what I mean. I cannot begin to weigh up - there is no weighing up. There is just loss. It's crappy. I asked my husband....do you think he is alright? He said, if there is an afterlife, he's alright, if there is no afterlife, he's alright. I have to know my own version of 'he's alright'. And that is grief, your own journey to that question and answer. Not alone on the journey, but alone in knowing your own knowing. Big sigh. Fine.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby Blossom » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:31 am

Today I am living (literally), because...I howled.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby lainie » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:07 am

bless your heart..howling definitely helps! Those howls just creep up on me and will While I am here on this earth!
I try to go and hide somewhere(shower, car) so I don't subject those I love to them....sending you hugs dear friend,
Lanie
lainie
Regular

Postby fay48 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:08 am

I need to learn to howl. I hold on to it for fear it will never stop.
i missed you yesterday, i miss you today and i will miss you tommorow and always x
fay48
Regular

Postby Blossom » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Yes Lanie, it does sort of freak everyone out ( I know my son would be deeply disturbed, so...). But they are seeing me. It is not me who howls, it is loss itself...as if it is its own being. Fay...I didn't learn to howl. It just has its way with me. It does stop. It does.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby Blossom » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:23 am

Today I am living because...I spend the first few minutes after I wake, breathing. Breathing is working for me. I am more able to take 'in' the whole picture, the things that matter, and the things that don't (okay, I'm on the up cycle). And I am helping someone - I am learning about depression through another. It was never an intention, but I am learning about my son's depression...except that I am interactive because this lad is alive.

Today I am living, because I have two legs, and no matter the time or place, those who have two legs that move, find that the heart lines up behind. Today I am living because, I have the portions of what I have to offer, right. At bloody last.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Inspiration