Antidepressants

Comments and information from our moderators.

Antidepressants

Postby dadsgurl » Tue May 24, 2011 9:10 pm

I had to post this because every week I hear more and more stories like my fathers. I just want to say to anyone that has lost someone to suicide, please do your research to find out if they had started a new medication. Our doctor told us that it couldnt had caused my dads suicide and then when I had lawyers tell me of proof of incidences that were caused by this i was not surprised. I called my doctor and we were talking via phone. he said "when this has happened before here" and then he just stopped mid conversation.
PLEASE people, do your research. Go to reviews on meds, ssri stories,etc. Just please know not all medicines agree with all people. You might be fine on a medicine but someone else might have a different reaction. Not everyone can take all medicines and some get the worst effects. If you have not been thru what me and my family have then you probably wont be able to understand. But our loss made me do plenty of research. Now, I just want people to research first.
dadsgurl

Re: Antidepressants

Postby samwong » Tue May 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Yes, Not all antidepressant suits all. Some have bad effect on individual especially the initial few days before it take effect.
I took a type of antidepressant and wow, the first 2 days i was feeling so awful and scary.. i couldnt sleep and also it just feel so shitty. No place of escaping at all. I admit i feel like self harming... that was when i quickly stop the medicine.
I LOVE MY MUM! SEE YOU IN HEAVEN WHEN MY TIME HAS COME.
GOD, Please show your loves to all.
samwong
Active

Postby cali » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Someone said to me recently: There is no such thing as a side effect. That is just pharmaceutical company double speak. Anything that happens through taking a medication is an effect. Plain and simple. Suicide is an effect of anti depressant medication.
cali
Supporting

Postby 01012011 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:43 pm

I have to put my two cents in. I am holding on because I am finally on the "right" anti-depressant. Thank God. I don't sob as often and I actually have energy to start to live again. I am cleaning my house, going to a few movies and getting out a little thanks to my meds. They are not for everyone, but I am blessed that they are helping me. They don't take the sadness away or the grief or my feelings-they just keep me on a straight life line.
Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy. Sister of Christopher Arthur
Regular

Postby jillslay8 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:05 am

I feel very strongly that the pills my brother was on had a lot 2 do w/ the reason he had no emotions or feelings cause last june when he did his failed attempt (that would have worked if we did not find him) he was in the hospital and off all pills he started feeling again and what pisses me off he was allowed 2 only see 1 dr and the bitch started slow and put hi,m on one antidepressant then 2 of them then pain pills then valium then sleeping pills so now hes dead wow
Ken,I miss you so much it hurts. I hope you found what you wanted. All we found is pain.
jillslay8
Regular

Postby Bereaved1 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:39 am

You are right. It is very important to be careful and vigilant when you take any medication. jillslay8 writing all of these details in a journal is a good idea. You never know how it could help later on.
"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
Bereaved1
Supporting

Postby cali » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Last edited by cali on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cali
Supporting

Postby Crystl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:39 pm

I started a new med in January and it's helped me..the panic attacks lessened and then dissapeared and I felt better able to cope
then the doc said double the dose...in a couple of days I was suicidal again
so back on the lower dose and it's ok..obviously this is the dose for me
I'm lucky to have found a new doctor who monitors me well and says to let her know the minute the suicidal thoughts come back
Last edited by Crystl on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crystl
Supporting

Postby cali » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:34 pm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Last edited by cali on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cali
Supporting

Postby Crystl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:26 pm

dadsgirl thanks for this post..it's very though provoking *hugs*
Last edited by Crystl on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crystl
Supporting

Next

Return to WELCOME - Announcements