what she/he excel and unfamiliar with?

Share special memories of the person that you remember.

what she/he excel and unfamiliar with?

Postby samwong » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:21 am

My mum can really sew. Our house curtains, pillow cases , table cloths, electronics device covering cloth was made by her. Even our clothes were sew by her. How i miss seeing her standing using rulers doing measurement etc . Those was her products of love.

She have good handwrittings too. SHe was a good cook even though the last few years she seldom cook any longer. She have a good prediction of weather.

She is unfamiliar with electronic device. She cannot use handphone sms, and that the cute part of her. I love her so much.

She my mum.
I LOVE MY MUM! SEE YOU IN HEAVEN WHEN MY TIME HAS COME.
GOD, Please show your loves to all.
samwong
Active

Re: what she/he excel and unfamiliar with?

Postby Blossom » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:58 am

Sam....I just love your mum and never get tired of hearing about her! When the time is right, more please.
Blossom x

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby crisa » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:49 am

Awwww, Sam! You know really the ppl we love, its those things that matter to us the most! The other night I danced with one of my best friends, he's dying of cancer, when we got off the dance floor our friend said, "how do you do that? How do you be okay and dance with him knowing we are gonna lose him and not cry and not fall apart?" I said, "because there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be than to make these memories with him, for it's the simple moments you will look back and be so thankful you shared with them!"
When my kids give me a hard time, like I'm "embarrassing" them, I say, "I'm not gonna live forever, oneday you will look back at this moment and love me even more for it!" (Or atleast ppl will tell them and remind them so)! :)
It's not about money, in the end it's about "That" person and what they were "capable" of and what they were "capable" of giving of themselves! Your mum, had talent and you recognize that and that's a wonderful thing sweetheart!
As a mom, I can tell you I can only hope that when my time comes my kids will remember and be thankful for, the good that was in me, just as you are remembering the good in your mum! As Moms that's all we want!
I want my kids to say things like, "remember how mom use to embarrass us at red lights, dancing in the car? God how I wish Mom was still here to do that! Remember how Mom use to go on our facebook and give us advice? God, I wish Mom was still here to do that! Remember how everyday Mom told us, I love you!" I want them to look back with good memories even the ones that at onetime embarrassed the hell out of them!
I'm proud of you Sam, for being an honor to your Mum and remembering the good that was her! For recognizing what she had to give to her family, to others and to the world! You have truly honored your Mum and that's all Mums/Moms want for all that they do! Just alittle recognition, that's all! I know, without any doubt, your Mum is smiling down at you and feeling very honored and appreciated today! Oh and by the way I too suck at electronics and modern technolgy! :) Oh, but I too can sew!!
What a wonderful Blessing of a child you are to your Mum, if I may say so myself!
Crystal
crisa
Active

Postby samwong » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:27 am

Thank Blossom/Crisa, you both are so kind so are the people here.

My mum was a very special person in my heart. She was extreme kinds to others. Her attention was around us, world' event she don't really care. She love to sew, she work as seamstress for her one and only job when she was young.
She likes old stuff. Very sentimental. She use traditional matter of charcoal of boiling soup instead of gas. She seldom sing, but when she sing you can know she happy.
Because we are Asian, she always found baby from western countries extremely cute. Sometime when I reach home after work, she will tell me she saw many " zizi" (- her invented word for cutes baby ) when she went outside.

She love dogs n other small animals. She like rain. She love strolling with my dad. I miss seeing them hand to hand walking.

I will write more about her when I can. Tks
I LOVE MY MUM! SEE YOU IN HEAVEN WHEN MY TIME HAS COME.
GOD, Please show your loves to all.
samwong
Active

Postby ScottsMom » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:42 am

Scotty was an adventurer, fearless thrill seeker and loved to figure out how things worked. He would dismantle toys, trikes- whatever from a young age and could rebuild them easily- sometimes improving things along the way.

He was always a prankster. He'd set up the joke and patiently await his victim. He didn't want any of us to lead a dull life apparently. He was as crazy about being on the receiving end of a prank, but would eventually see the humor.

A logical thinker he could figure things out easily - unless logic was absent, as it is in much of life, this made relationships hard for him. He couldn't use his skills of logic to understand the heirarchy he needed to conform to in order to fit in. His logic often caused problens - even though he was right- things don't work that way.

Scott loved with a depth that I admire and was such a dependable friend. I miss his casual coolness and that intense emotion. He was real and expected the same in return- where can I get more of that?

How do I list it all or convey what all of it was to me?

V--
ScottsMom
Mentor

Postby Blossom » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Ok, that's it. You've done it. Started the day crying needed tears. Now I'm smiling and am gonna try to get my broken skates on while I'm ahead (have never worn a pair of skates mind you)....50 people to feed here on Saturday.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby Crystl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Sam I love the way you love your Mum....she would be so proud of you from where she is..
Crystl
Supporting

Postby ScottsMom » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:32 pm

I'm sorry, but then I'm not. I know the magic properties of tears. Like the old cigarette phrase - if you got'em, share'em- I've got'em, tears, aplenty. I say that as I drag the final puff of my real cigarette deeply. Can't give that up...yet.

I loved roller skating as a kid and still have my skates - but I admire them without tempting fate- 2 broken tailbone incidents,not skate related. I prefer not to repeat.
50 hungry people, wow, quite an undertaking, I have a year before planning something like that- graduation, I better start training.

V--
ScottsMom
Mentor

Postby Blossom » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:49 pm

Well, I should be cleaning windows...but had to drop in to say that our family gatherings have always been 'home-cooked' food affairs. Today, I am sharpening my stick to take to the supermarket and am gonna knock half the shelf contents into my trolley and not cook a thing....okay, maybe the coleslaw. Your stars for today (all astrological signs alert) Thursday 10/3, give a wide berth to women carrying sharp sticks.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby Suzanne » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Oh, Sam, thank you for starting this thread and sharing the details of your mom with us.
I am ducking Blossom's stick here where it is still Wednesdy the 9th. Maybe by the time it is Thursday here, she will have left the supermarket and put it down.

Dave was a funny, funny guy. He always had a sketchbook and/or a notebook on his person. He recorded snippets of conversation that he heard that amused him; he sketched the ordinary into the extraordinarily ridiculous. He painted and wrote. He definitely had a silly side. Our children were dubbed Cloxie and Hexabob. None of us has any idea where those endearments came from, but they were Dave's. Every Saturday morning, he made pancakes. Each of the girls got pancakes in the shape of the letters in her own name. The dog got one with a dog biscuit cooked into it.
He loved animals, expecially horses and dogs. We always had at least one pet dog. We live near a riding stable in the middle of Brooklyn, NY. By choice. He loved being outside, wandering the woods, wading in creeks, marveling at the shape of tree trunks.
He was a loyal and generous friend. If someone needed a hand, he would drop everything and run to help. He was always my best friend.

Suzanne
Wife of Dave 10/17/47-11/1/06
Read our story
http://books.google.com/books?id=4zThE8 ... A7o6s-fPpU
Suzanne
Active

Next

Return to Memories