Knitting Memories

Share special memories of the person that you remember.

Knitting Memories

Postby mkm0272 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:46 am

I was always trying to find some kind of hobby that would keep my interest and when I started knitting I fell in love. And my biggest fan was my husband. Everything I made, good or bad, Marc would say it was beautiful. He was even my model when I would finish a project and was always glad to do it. He would crack me up and I would always tell him I was going to take pics and send them to the guys at work. He would just laugh and say, "The things I do for love." Just remembering his words with his beautiful smile just brings me to tears. After what whathappened I just couldn't bring myself to knit. I finally started again. It took awhile to get me going again. What's weird is that I feel comfort in it while working on a project like he is there with me just like he was all those times before. But when I am close to finishing is when my sadness emerges. He is not there to see what I have accomplished and to lovingly model for his wife.
Also, a month before he passed away he asked me to knit his mom a dishcloth. To this day I have not completed it. Crazy as it may sound I feel that if I do I have completed his one last request of me. Knowing this I have left it undone and it makes me feel that it's not over. It's like reading a book and getting to the final chapter. Once read, a book is finished. I just can'tand don't want it to end.
mkm0272
Visitor

Re: Knitting Memories

Postby Crystl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:44 pm

what beautiful memories mkm..
I do understand because I haven't touched my hobbies since I lost my son..
I used to sit and do mine when *son* was visiting ...
that was a good analogy about the book!
Crystl
Supporting

Postby Jason » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:29 am

Mkm0272, the thing I think of is that even if you finish a book and come back to read it again at another time, the story is similar but it can still change because your perception of things has changed. So in a sense you could start to knit Marc's mother something else instead, then you would have something to work on and to share with her along with this great memory.
Whispering each nite, in the dark. "Rebecca, I love you. I forgive you. I miss you. I will hold you again."
Jason

Postby tmsharpe » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:26 pm

My mom was a knitter. She had 2 unfinished projects that I put away in a special box. I couldn't look at them anymore. I am so sorry for your loss. Tina
tmsharpe

Return to Memories