Thanksgiving Memories

Share special memories of the person that you remember.

Thanksgiving Memories

Postby Karyl » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:43 am

Dear Friends,

Do you have any Thanksgiving memories you would like to share with us?
Karyl
Site Admin

Re: Thanksgiving Memories

Postby ktfahel » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:15 am

Yeah, I know this topic was started 2 years ago...

My husband is deathly allergic to turkey - even the smell of it cooking causes him to stop breathing - so he and I never do the big family T-day thing. Someone in my family usually ends up receiving a large turkey, so they DO. My husband's family lives far away.

All that said...

One year my husband had to work on Thanksgiving day, so we decided that I would join my family for the day. Since I didn't drive at the time, my younger brother, Peter (the one I'm here for) came for me & drove my the hour-plus to my older brother's home. He, Peter, one sister and I all live within 1-1/2 hours of each other in New England, but the other 3 live far away. However, the brother just older than I, Larry, who lives in Alaska, managed to come for a visit. Five out of 7 of us isn't a bad gathering, and my parents were happy.

One thing I was thrilled about: since I was the next-youngest in the family, as a child I always ended up sitting at the kids' table. Now I was an adult, I could "graduate"! However, my host-brother miscalculated, and since I'm the SMALLEST adult, guess who ended up sitting at the kids' table again? :lol: The kids' table was right up by the Adult table, so I was still able to be part of the general conversation with the other adults. The food was great; the company, superb.

After dinner, dessert, and more conversation, I needed to get home, so Peter once again offered. Larry (who was still suffering ill effects from an accident he had a few years before) asked if Peter could take him back to my parents' house as well.

All three of us decided to sit in the front seat, as Peter's car had a bench seat, with me sitting between my two brothers. The radio was on. We talked, laughed, sang, and had a wonderful time during that drive. I was almost sad when it was over.

That was the first time the three youngest kids in my family ever spent any real time together "just us"...and it was also the last.
ktfahel

Re: Thanksgiving Memories

Postby briansfolks » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:45 am

Such a touching story. You will always refer to these memories to get you through. It is all we have now. God be with you.
briansfolks
Regular

Return to Memories