Memories...

Share special memories of the person that you remember.

Memories...

Postby Blossom » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:33 pm

I remember my son and I (about 6 or 7yr of age), I lying on our stomachs, overhanging a bridge above a slow flowing creek in a National Park....it was night time and we had a torch...peering into the water...and floating by, held aloft and dry by the water tension ...a giant water spider. Such a strong memory.

And...when he was about 2yrs old, something tickled his fancy (don't remember what it was)....but he laughed so much that he lost bodily control...he farted, lost the strength in his legs and fell over in a heap. It still makes me laugh.

I have to go do yucky admin stuff for him today (tax etc.) and while collecting all the relevant papers, I came across little snippets here and there.... the police calling card, letters of condolence...all sort of funny things that take me back to that time...and so the inevitable feelings rolled into the picture.

And then I remembered my boy farting and falling over - priceless!!!! And that memory is kept safely here in my heart file, the one with drawers and drawers and drawers that are just beginning to open when I least expect it.

It's a quiet time on the boards...I hope you are smiling inwardly at some good memories too. I can only hope to emulate him one day...and hopefully keep my friends!
Blossom x

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Blossom
Mentor

Re: Memories...

Postby cali » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Thank you Blossom, what a wonderful, funny memory. I have one of my son, maybe 11 months old, at the dinner table wearing nothing but a diaper. suddenly standing up on his plastic booster seat before we could stop him on these amazingly sturdy perfectly balanced legs and this glorious, loud, proud yell came out of him as he beat his chest like a gorilla. I wish they could have called upon those beautiful resources, the ability to completely fall into laughter, the ability to feel strong and proud and here. Such precious gifts they were, and they had. I love them. Who ever they were, and are with all of us here, I love them all so much.

You always have me for a friend, I would love to laugh like that again and our sons would want us to.
cali
cali
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:32 pm

"amazingly sturdy perfectly balanced legs"....only a mother! I can see that little scene in my mind's eye. I remember the first 'shock' of both my boys demonstrating their 'power' over the world...yeah...where did it go? Poor wee babes.
Blossom x

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby MotherofGabriel » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:27 am

Blossom,
Thanks for starting this post. I have some memories that come to me every so often. There's a chain store called Hot Topic that caters to youth clothing that's "out there" -- chains, skulls, etc. When Gabriel was 16, we went to that store at a mall in NY, and he asked the manager if he, my son, could pose in the window as a mannequin. The manager, young and a little nutty, sad yes. Gabriel stood in the window, motionless, for over two hours! His sister and I sat far enough away to catch people's reactions. Everyone kept looking and trying to figure out if he was real. No one picked up on it. When Gabriel decided to stop, he picked the right moment. There were three young girls trying to figure out if he was real or not. When he moved, all three girls screamed so loud that shoppers and shopkeepers from other stores came out to see what was happening. We had such a laugh over this all the way home! The manager even asked Gabriel if he wanted to do this on a regular basis. He declined.
I remember asking Gabriel what he did about blinking, and he told me he just picked the right times. Still, I don't really know how he did this.
Thanks Blossom and Cali for sharing your memories,
Connie
Until I see you in Heaven, my beautiful boy. I will always love you, Mom.
MotherofGabriel
Regular

Return to Memories