Kind hearted Big Brother <3 memories <3

Share special memories of the person that you remember.

Kind hearted Big Brother <3 memories <3

Postby Tootle » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:16 am

My brother Rob was a kind man, he would stop for anyone stranded on the side of the road and he would do what it took to help them, even if it meant taking up half a day, and then he would refuse to take anything for it, I think he just loved the adventure. My brother Rob liked to embellish his stories, make them larger than life, my dad was like that too...it actually made for great story telling, Rob was never at a loss of things to talk about. When we were young he always watched out for me...one time I was being bullied by a bunch of neighborhood kids, he rode up on his bike and stood up for me and they never bothered me again..
He was popular in high school, the girls all loved this tall, handsome fellow... It was easy for me in high school because of my brother being so well liked, all the older kids were nice to me.
We enjoyed skiing together, he was crazy! I would follow him anywhere on that hill, black diamond runs, you name it, I would be stuck to him like glue, he was proud that I could keep up and would tell everyone how good I could ski(he wouldn't tell them about me whining when I got stuck in deep powder).
He was the best brother I could have ever asked for, he was brave, friendly, a gentleman, kind hearted and full of humor...we had a ton of laughs together! We got this inflatable kayak once, hardest thing to get into...we laughed till our bellies ached trying to get into that thing, so glad someone took a picture of that! He just loved a good time and wanted to motivate everyone to have a good time with him... Ahhhh I LOVE the good memories... Just sad how they turn around into 'i'll never have this again" sadness.
I'm trying to heal, trying to live with both the good and the bad... Most days are low, but the summer is here now and the heat at least feels good on this grieving soul.
I just found out that a friend of mine lost her ex-boyfriend to suicide 4 days ago, he died on the 5th anniversary of his dad's death.. I really feel for her and for his family..
I'm going to go to my first survivors meeting tomorrow night, kinda nervous about it, but I'm willing to try anything to get to coping with my loss...I know I'll never get over Rob, I just need to cope. I'm seeing a counselor now, I'm doing what I can for myself. Doing hot yoga, which feels very soothing and soft on my soul..and getting lots of exercise. Most of all I'm trying to live in the moment, here, today. Life is hard.
In memory of my big brother Rob, my hero and best friend.

To forget time. To forgive life. To be at peace.
Tootle
Active

Re: Kind hearted Big Brother <3 memories <3

Postby Blossom » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:09 pm

That was a very peaceful post. I am pleased for you.
Blossom x

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby cmarie » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Tootle, such nice memories of Rob to share. Thank you. I smiled at the whining part. You paint such a wonderful picture of the man who was your brother. I know I would have enjoyed his company. I love good story tellers.

I am so glad you have been able to find the time to care of yourself. Day by day.

I heard that Betty Fox (Terry Fox's mum) had died. The first thing I thought was: "Oh lucky her. She is with her boy now". I agree Tootle, life is hard.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby Suzanne » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi Tootle,
I loved hearing about your brother. I just want you to know that the flood of those first happy memories was a real turning point for me--the time when I could stop focusing only on Dave's death and when I could begin focusing on his life.

This is all so hard, but the happy memories are what saved me. I hope this is the beginning of better times for you too.

Suzanne
Wife of Dave 10/17/47-11/1/06
Read our story
http://books.google.com/books?id=4zThE8 ... A7o6s-fPpU
Suzanne
Active

Postby tamh1234 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:23 am

Tootie, how nice it was to read about your wonderful memories of your brother. I also felt some peace coming from your words. I wish there was a survivors group where I live that I could go to. I just have this place and I am grateful for that. I hope that you find comfort, peace, strength, and coping from the group. Thank you for sharing Rob with us. I hope that someday I will be able to do the same with my brother.
I love you, little brother, and miss you more than words could ever say.
Kenny 9/10/61 - 08/24/10
Theresa
tamh1234
Regular

Return to Memories