Lots of little things.

Share special memories of the person that you remember.

Lots of little things.

Postby Scripswife » Mon May 23, 2011 10:07 pm

All day today, I've heard my husband saying "auger, auger"... I don't know what it means. I mean.. I know what an auger is.. but he and his brother used to say it back and forth to each other and laugh. I guess I could have, should have asked him about it. I just assumed it was some kind of inside joke. I got to thinking about it... really thinking and remembering all the things he used to say that I miss hearing. I miss him getting silly drunk.. and excusing himself to visit the little boys room.. only to leave the door open enough so that I could clearly hear him making absolutely perfect WOOKIE noises! I used to laugh and laugh at that! No one makes wookie noises for me anymore. No one says.. "get on it doggone it!!" Or that something is "tighter than dick's hatband". I don't think anyone is ever going to look at me again and say.. "you don't have an hourglass figure.. you have an hour and a half glass figure.. and I love it." I miss all the little things that were uniquely him!!
Till we meet again, I love you, good night.
Scripswife
Regular

Re: Lots of little things.

Postby ARDsMother » Sat May 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi, Scripswife, I think it's WONDERFUL the memories you have... unfortunately
my memories are buried deeply under my grief. I hope as time goes by they
will surface.

Again, I'm happy for your good memories and so very sorry for your loss.

xo
♥ I miss you, Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sweetheart, every moment of every day... rest in peaceful slumber ღஜღ
http://www.gratefulness.org "pos" group for Parents of Suicide candles
ARDsMother
Regular

Re: Lots of little things.

Postby Scripswife » Sat May 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Thank you, ARDsMother. I am sorry for your loss as well. It's been 21 months for me... and these little things keep coming up. I hardly ever think about the bad things.. the fighting..etc.. unless I'm already in a bad place. But more and more.. I think of his smiling face.. or the rarer laughter.. the way he would look at his children when no one could see.. and I'm happy. I don't know how to say it differently. It does make me happy to think of him.. think of us. I hope someday you can feel that way as well.
Till we meet again, I love you, good night.
Scripswife
Regular

Return to Memories